Monday 14 September 2009

Everyday Essentials


As promised, I am posting about the make up I use on a daily basis.
My ultimate essential product is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse which I use in Sand and Natural Beige (I combine the two depending upon how tanned/pale the rest of my body is). I have used it for years as it gives a really even coverage and I love the texture. Sometimes it can dry out my skin a little and when this happens, I will substitute it for Maybelline Dream Liquid Satin which is equally as good and provides flawless coverage.
I also swear by No7 Instant Radiance Concealer which gives Touche Eclat a run for its money in my opinion. I use this in shade II. It's hypo-allergenic which is ideal for sensitive skin and under-eye areas. It also lasts for aaaaages, a little really does go a long way.
On my cheeks I use a 17 blusher in Bramble Frost which is the perfect light pinky shade for my skintone. It has a tiny bit of shimmer and really brightens up your face providing a healthy glow. I apply this with a 17 brush which I love as it is just the right combination of soft-firm bristles and aids a lovely, even application.
On my eyes I wear Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara in either black or black/brown. The plump brush is great for building lashes and it goes on really nicely and clump-free. I have tried lots of other mascaras and keep coming back to this one as I think it is amazing. I line my eyes with Bourjois Liner Stylo in Noir which is really easy to apply and is self-sharpening (a feature I particularly look out for). It provides a very strong colour and is the only liner I have gone back to again and again.
Finally, I don't leave the house without a pot of Cherry Carmex lip balm, which as well as softening and protecting chapped lips, provides a glossy finish and tastes and smells divine!

If you would like to know anything more about these products, please ask! I would strongly recommend each and every one of them.

5 comments:

  1. I used to use dream matte mousse - it's pretty good! I love the background on your blog - I recently got rid of mine because it was too busy but this is lovely! Where abouts in the North-West are you from? I'm from Ormskirk if you know where that is! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dream matte mousse, I had to stop using it though as I became too pale for it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I used a similar foundation to the Dream Liquid Satin, but I switched. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the no7 concealer, i have it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The products you use on a daily basis are so similar to the ones i use! <3

    ReplyDelete